IPL or Indian Premier League is honey to all cricket lover bears! I know if you are reading this, you are definitely one of them! LOL! well, me too. And, honestly, each Indian is a die hearted fan of IPL. Here, we bring you all the latest and current updates related to IPL 2020.
IPL or Indian Premier League, is an Indian professional Twenty20 cricket league. IPL is one of the most popular cricket league worldwide. A report in 2014 ranked it sixth by average attendance among all-league. It is generally held in March, April, or May of every year. The league was founded by BCCI i.e., Board of Control for Cricket in India, in 2008. Initially, IPL consists of 8 teams representing 8 different regions of India. The brand value of IPL as per 2019 is estimated at around US$6.7 billion or 475 billion INR. BCCI claimed that the IPL season of 2015 contributed 11.5 billion INR to the GCP of the national economy.
Already 12 seasons of IPL have been held in various stadiums of the country. Mumbai Indians is the current king of IPL. The IPL 2020 is the 13th season of the IPL tournament. The available date or months of IPL had been postponed to September 2020, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Also, the general national location of IPL has been shifted to the international stage.
How IPL 2020 is different from other IPL?
- Sponsorship of IPL 2020: Though, earlier VIVO was chosen as the title sponsor of IPL. Due to the conflict on Indo-China Border, VIVO pulled out from the post on 4 August 2020. After that, Dream 11, an online cricket fantasy league, was named at title sponsor. Or, in other words, 2020 IPL is Dream 11 IPL.
- Official Partner of IPL 2020: Till 2022, the Indian online education platform Unacademy was named the official partner of IPL.
- Venue: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Dream 11 IPL tournament has been limited to three stadiums of United Arab Emirates, UAE, these include:
- Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
- Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Saliva use banned: This year, no player is allowed to shine ball with saliva. The one who unfollows the rule will have to submit a penalty in the form of scores.
- No audience: Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, this year, all matches would be played without the audience, even cheerleaders are not allowed.
- No handshake: To follow social distancing instructions, captains are not permitted to shake hands after the toss. Also, players are advised to limit hugs or any close contact at the time of the match.
- Front foot no-balls: Unlike previous years, front foot no-balls will be adjudicated by the third umpire. Previously, on-field umpire plays the stated role.
- Players replacement: If any player tested COVID-19 positive, respectively team would be allowed to replace him for other players.
- Regular health checkups: Regular health checkups and tests for COVID-19 are held for the players and other staff.
Childrens also Love cricket even when there is no season of ipl childrens install Ea Sports Cricket Game in his mobile and play Cricket.
Teams and Captains of Dream 11 IPL:
Like other IPLs, Dream 11 IPL or IPL 2020 also consists of eight teams. Different teams are lead by different players. Here is the list of all teams with their Captain name.
- Chennai Super Kings – MS Dhoni
- Delhi Capitals – Shreyas Iyer
- Kings XI Punjab – K. L. Rahul
- Kolkata Knight Riders – Dinesh Karthik
- Mumbai Indian – Rohit Sharma
- Rajasthan Royals – Steven Smith
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Virat Kohli
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – David Warner
Teams and Principal Sponsor of Dream 11 IPL:
The principal Sponsor bears the regular expense of a team. It also takes care of their needs and comforts. Here is the list of Principal Sponsor of each team.
- Chennai Super Kings – Muthoot Group
- Delhi Capitals – JSW
- Kings XI Punjab – Ebix Cash
- Kolkata Knight Riders – Mobile Premier League
- Mumbai Indian – Samsung
- Rajasthan Royals – TV9
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Muthoot Fincorp
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – JK Lakshmi Cement
Teams and Coaches of Dream 11 IPL:
All teams are trained by different coaches, though most of them are overseas. Here is the list of Coaches of each team.
- Chennai Super Kings – Stephen Fleming
- Delhi Capitals – Ricky Ponting
- Kings XI Punjab – Anil Kumble
- Kolkata Knight Riders – Brendon McCullum
- Mumbai Indian – Mahela Jayawardene
- Rajasthan Royals – Andre McDonald
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Simon Katich
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – Trevor Bayliss
Overseas players of Dream 11 IPL:
Every year they buys foreign players to complete all the teams with pro-players and enhance the entertainment. This year also around 62 foreign players were brought form an initial list of 332 players.
This list includes Pat Cummins, Glenn Maxwell, Chris Morris, AB de Villiers, Sheldon Cottrell, David Warner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Sam Curran, Shimron Hetmyer, Eoin Morgan, Marcus Stoinis, Aaron Finch, Dale Steyn, Moeen Ali, Joshua Phillipe, Steve Smith, Chris Gayle, Chris Jordan, Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Andre Rusell, Keron Pollard, Lungi Engidy, Rashid Khan, Isuru Udana, Moh. Nabi, Adam Zampa, Trent Boult, Jos Buttler, Kagiso Rabada, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Nicholas Pooran, Dwayne Bravo, Johnny Bairstow, Tom Curran, Shane Watson, Faf Duplessis, Quinton De Kock, etc.
New Indian Players in Dream 11:
Each year several fresh players try their luck in International gaming through IPL. IPL opens its gateway to ICCs. This year to few of the young Indian boys are selected in different teams. This includes Devdutt Padikal, Ravi Bishnoi, Priyam Garg, etc. Devdutt Padikal is seen as a pro opener in his first RCB match against SRH. Let us wish all of them luck.
Highest and Lowest hit in IPLs:
You may call this a fun fact, but that is the team of King Kohli, which holds both the record of highest and lowest hit. The Royal Challengers Bangalore scored highest 263/5 against Pune Warriors in 2013. And, the same team Royal Challengers Bangalore, scored lowest 49 against Kolkata Knight Riders in 2017.
Maximum IPL Title:
Mumbai Indians won the maximum IPL trophies. Being the most successful team, Mumbai Indians won the IPL title four times.
This is all you need to know about Dream 11IPL 2020.
No matter which team wins the trophy, It has never failed to excite and unites the heart of Indians together. India counts a year, waiting for this league and always will.
Stay home! Stay Safe! Support your team and Enjoy it!